The Komarom Menház was funded by Kalman Fried, chairman of the Charitable Association. The building was inaugurated on 11 October, 1896. As the local legend has it, also reported on Menház’s website, Mr Fried fell out with the rest of the community, and made up his mind to pray in his “own” synagogue, and that is why he commissioned the construction of the impressive corner building at 15 Eötvös street. Walk around the building, and learn about the past and the present of the Komarom Jewish community.
The Synagogue in Komarom/Komarno – a virtual walk
How to use the virtual tour?